Translate

Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Umbrella Effect



I was reading the blog on One Word 365 the suggestion was to set your One word as the top of your umbrella, and then find the words that connect to it in your mind.

I know Carve is a little "symbolic" and doesn't seem as specific as words like "Simplify." As I was listening to some sermon about Esther (I don't remember which one anymore) they were talking about how Esther just kind of let things happen to her, and didn't take intentional control over her life when she first entered the palace.

I feel like I've been doing exactly the same thing...I've been floating along letting things happen to me.

I want to be intentional. I want to know what God thinks about each of these aspects of life. And I want to see God's vision for me in each of these areas.

I know that God is the only one who can make permanent changes in my heart and in my life. I know that in my own strength I will ultimately fail. Only through God's strength and His will, will my heart heal and become soft. Only God can take a block of wood, transform it into a lump of clay form it to his will and sculpt it into perfection.

My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
 Psalm 73:26


Grab button for reEducation of the Feminine Soul