Translate

Friday, January 18, 2013

One Word. One Thing. Goal Setting Faith-book Challenge.




Two weeks ago I challenged you to make two different pages. One reflecting on last year, and the other a visualization of 2013 using the one word that you created.

As I thought about 2012, and really how full of "blech" it was. The stress induced stomach aches,  quitting my job, moving when I didn't really want to, quitting my next job because it was so unbearable, moving again. I was really feeling like a sane person would probably think of my 2012 as an AWFUL year.

But it wasn't. God worked in my life. He taught me faith. He taught me peace. He taught me forgiveness and rest. He healed my heart and gave me a dream for my future.

The page reads "Beloved... Keep Climbing. You are almost there. Don't Quit." I felt like that was the message God was giving me throughout 2012. In the envelope I am going to document some of the questions asked in the new years reflections pages.

I was inspired by the umbrella concept that I talked about yesterday.

On my 2013 One Word page I created a girl holding an umbrella. Each section of the umbrella folds out, and the areas of my life that word addresses are hidden underneath. Each month, when I intentionally address each word, I am going to write scripture or create a word web in each triangle.



Todays faithbook challenge is to create a few pages set aside for visualizing your goals.

The girls over at "Be Book Bound" are reading Benjamin Franklins "Poor Richards Almanac." I remember reading the book in high school, and have a mind to pick it up with them.

Benjamin Franklin thought that if he worked on different virtues every day, he would get progressively better at them. Check out Be Book Bound to get inspired about your goals.

The challenge today is to create a page for each of the areas contributing to your One Word.  My umbrella contains 8 facets. So I will work on 8 different pages.

You don't have to fill the page. Try to create an overall feeling of your vision for each facet. Find magazine clippings, photographs, quotes, scriptures, words...etc. Leave room for journaling as you explore each area of your goal. (I just noticed that Journaling has the same first five letters as Journey-I'm going to have to look into that more.)

Some Scriptures to Inspire You

The plans of ethe diligent lead surely to abundance, Proverbs 21:5

And the Lord answered me:

And the LORD answered me:
“Write the vision;
make it plain on tablets,
so he may run who reads it.
For still the vision awaits its appointed time;
it hastens to the end—it will not lie.
If it seems slow, wait for it;
it will surely come; it will not delay.
(Habakkuk 2:2-3 ESV)





Commit your way to the LORD;
trust in him, and he will act.
(Psalm 37:5 ESV)


In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths.
(Proverbs 3:6 ESV)


“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.
(Matthew 7:7 ESV)




Get Scrapped has some really good inspiration for you to view.  And Also this freebie.


Happy Booking!!!
Grab button for reEducation of the Feminine Soul