Translate

Thursday, January 24, 2013

One Word. One Thing. Cutting the Lifestyle.




I received my first email today from Dave Ramsey's "My Total Money Makeover"
You can recieve his emails as well click here and subscribe to his emails.

Dave Ramsey's suggestion is to "Cut the Lifestyle" this fits my One Word Carve perfectly. The first thing Dave suggests is to sell your car, purchase a car for $2,000-$4,000 and cut up your credit cards pay off your debts and put $1,000 in a savings acct.

I don't have any credit cards.

I love my car, but honestly I've been thinking about selling my car all week. But then...my car is worth between $5,000 and $6,000 dollars and it's not paid off. I would be able to trade my car in for a $3,000 car, but I'm not sure that I'll get any cash for it.

I am not paying rent at the moment. My goal is not to pay rent until I can afford a house. That's a HUGE lifestyle cut. I am lamenting my twin sized bed after I've been sleeping on a king, and then downsized to   a queen.  I've sold or given way everything anyone would accept. All that I have of value now are books.

There are so many things I want for my own luxury, or because I'm used to having them.

I think only a combination of "accepting my cut lifestyle" and working as much as possible are going to put me in a situation where I can sock away an emergency fund and focus on paying down my debts.

I started substitute teaching on Tuesday. I learned my lesson today to accept the first phone call you get. Unfortunately I played the odds and lost. I did not receive another phone call today about subbing. Prayerful for tomorrow.

I'm also still in the running for a job, I've been inadvertently praying for for years. They said they are excited about me. Please keep praying.

Thank you Lord for your provision.
Grab button for reEducation of the Feminine Soul