Translate

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Small Things




Who dares despise the day of small things? {Zech. 4:10}

Do one thing to move forward in your God-sized dream. You get extra credit if it’s simple, small and takes just a few minutes.

Well my God sized Dream is to get planted in the city my parents live in. 
 I started attending a church a couple weeks after I moved here. It's always hard to get plugged in to a new church I think. This past week I emailed the church to see how to get plugged in. I'm looking forward to getting involved in the women's group soon!


My mustard seed goal from last week was to find a job that benefited kids. In "The Do What you can plan" Holley suggests making tightening up goals and making them as specific as possible. 

I really need to find a job that I feel like I am make a difference, and not just going through the motions. My dad always says "If your not having fun, you need to stop working where you're working." I love kids, but sometimes the systems surrounding them are so self serving. It breaks my heart and ties my hands behind my back.

My goal is to apply to five youth oriented jobs a week until I am employed at a place that serves at-risk youth.

I'm in the middle of an interview process that feels like it is taking a REALLY long time. I really need patience and faith.


A God-sized Dreamers’ Prayer
God, your thoughts are not my thoughts {Is. 55:8}.
What you have planned for me is beyond all I can ask or imagine {Eph. 3:19-20}.
Yet you have also promised to reveal it to me through your Spirit {1 Cor. 2:8-10}.
So I open my heart, mind, and life to more of you–to whatever you have for me. Where there is ongoing fear in my life, please replace it with faith. Where there is a desire to hold back, give me the strength to move forward. Where there is a desert, lead me into the Promised Land you have prepared for me.
I embrace that my part is to pray, plan, and most of all seek you. And yours is to get me where you want me to go {Prov. 16:9Prov. 19:21}. Wherever that is, that’s where I want to be too. Because there’s no better place in this world or the next than with you {Ps. 84:10}.
Your Kingdom come, your will be done, on earth {especially my little corner of it} as it is in heaven {Matt. 6:10}.
In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
written by Holley Gerth
Grab button for reEducation of the Feminine Soul