Translate

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Movin' Right Along




I've been linking up with Holley Gerth on Tuesdays.

Last Tuesday Holley asked us:
What’s one thing that helped you move forward that you could apply again now and someone else could benefit from hearing too?

 Wow. Moving forward. 

Moving. 

You just have to keep moving. 

I think Holley brought up this point in her book "You are Already Amazing," but I think moving forward requires you to look at the patterns in your life, and realize that you actually are just treading water. 

Stagnate waters usually grow mold, algae and breed mosquitoes. We need to move in order to breath.

As my mom says, "If you keep doing what you've been doing, you're going to keep getting what you've been getting." 

Change = Growth

You've got to change it up.

Sometimes I wonder if stagnation isn't why God instituted the practice of the year of Jubilee. You got to switch it up yo!

I know when I need this time, my spirit is restless. I can't focus, and I live in extreme discontent. If you are not growing, the Lord is calling out to you. You wake up every morning alive for one reason only; you have a job to do today, and it's to do the will of the Lord.

If you can't hear God speaking, it's time to shut up. sit down. and be quiet.

Sometimes I feel called  to be around and meet new people so that I can get new and different perspectives on the world.

I've met some pretty amazing people just by signing up for classes of things I'm interested in. Making new friends, or getting involved in clubs and other organizations can give you a fresh perspective on your life.

 Other times I feel God pulling me away from the world for a time, to be silent in his presence.

I love going on personal silent retreats. My longest was five days. I stayed in a seminary, woke up early, walked around the lake, prayed, read, journaled and studied. The clarity that comes from complete immersion in His presence is unbelievable.


                                                              
                       Movin' Right Along


Grab button for reEducation of the Feminine Soul