Translate

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Single on a Sunday Link-Up #1 Set Apart Sean Lowe

I was standing in the grocery line with my mother yesterday when my eyes landed on Us Magazine. In big capital yellow letters are the words.

VIRGIN

shocking.

Okay... so it said The VIRGIN Bachelor. 

My heart became sick as I looked at the subtitle stating that he was a 'born again Vrigin" and his "fiance" was "dealing" with his choice of celibacy.

I don't watch The Bachelor. It seems rather like the Esther harem. Girls brutally vying for one mans attention....but at this point, I'm more concerned that the article is focused on Sean Lowe's virginity and not his Christianity.

He's not a born again VIRGIN, he's a repentant and forgiven CHRISTIAN, and if he's engaged to someone who needs to "deal" with that, I pray that Sean makes a prayerful and wise final decision, and that if God leads him to marriage it will be a public testimony of faith.

Needless to say, I didn't buy a copy of the magazine, but I did do a quick google search on Sean Lowe, VIRGIN.Honestly, one article was enough to read. I couldn't read anymore because I got so upset and sick to my stomach.  I began following Sean on twitter however. I want to pray for him to continue his walk with God and to be a beacon to the world.

The Huffington Post quoted former Bachelorette Jillian Harris as saying “I just can’t get over the whole sex thing. What happens if he doesn't meet the right person -- he just won’t have sex until he does? This is crazy, as it's a huge part of a healthy relationship."


Reality TV World quoted a show source, "[The Bachelor's decision] can be a stress on a relationship. They need to see how the physical aspect affects them in the long run," said the show source, insisting that's why the couple isn't rushing to the altar."


I also did a quick search of TIm Tebow Virgin. The first line that popped up? 


"Football's most famous virgin, Tim Tebow, has reportedly broken up with actress Camilla Belle after a mere two months of dating.
Us Weekly reports that the relationship "just didn't work out." Hmm, we wonder why.
Could the couple have split because the 25-year-old New York Jets quarterback is saving himself for marriage?"
Tim may be a virgin, but it's BECAUSE he's a Christian. 



Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous.
(Hebrews 13:4 ESV)

I know that God's heart is torn apart because of the persecution of these set apart men. 

As my friend Rachelle says, "We don't 'struggle' with sin we 'snuggle' with sin. If we were actually struggling we wouldn't be sinning.

I have made some unwise choices and have come very close to crossing lines I shouldn't cross in my dating life.  I believed the lies such as the ones perpetuated by comments like the ones above. 


Have you ever had someone break up with you because you wouldn't have sex with them? 

I have, and you know what? Praise God! I want to raise my children to respect the opposite sex, and honor God, and it would be a lot harder to relate to my godly children and encourage them through that if I had snuggled, as opposed to struggled with that sin.

Look, if God doesn't give you peace in your heart about what you're about to do, then DON'T DO IT. 

I know that's easier said than done, and we, in our search for independence, have found anxiety, sin, and brokenness, instead of the truth freedom and saving grace of God's word.

These two men are admirably struggling with sexual sin in a public way, I don't believe I'd be amiss in saying that they would give the glory of their struggles to God and not to themselves.


Being a 29 year old virgin, I can speak to the temptation of passion and desire. I can inform you of the awkward decision of just when to tell the person that you are dating that you are saving yourself for marriage, hoping that they won't leave you in that minute. I can testify to watching a man struggle through wanting the most sacred of intimacy, and needing to leave because their head is about to explode over the overwhelming temptation of it all. 

 I can also speak to the awkward, humorous conversations with Doctors;


The Anesthesiologist: "Are you pregnant? Are you sure? If you are pregnant we can't go through with this. IS there any chance you COULD be pregnant?"


My family doctor: "Are you sexually active? Are you dating anyone? Oh, that's why you're not sexually active huh?"


I have only had one doctor since I hit my teen aged years who believed me the first time I told her that I was a virgin. 

Is it really that uncommon? I wonder. 

Narrow is the path. 

We are set apart for the King of Kings. Daughters and Sons of the King.  Royalty does not behave in the same manner as the common people. 


There are over 200 bible verses about being set apart in this world.

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

(Romans 12:2 ESV)

But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.
(1 Peter 2:9 ESV)

I do not ask that you take them out of the world, but that you keep them from the evil one. They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth. As you sent me into the world, so I have sent them into the world.

(John 17:15-18 ESV)

I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.

(Romans 12:1 ESV)





Read more here. 




The world may think that we are foolish,

There is a way that seems right to a man,
but its end is the way to death.
(Proverbs 14:12 ESV)

Outside are the dogs and sorcerers and the sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.
(Revelation 22:15 ESV)

For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. For it is written,
“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise,
and the discernment of the discerning I will thwart.”
Where is the one who is wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? For since, in the wisdom of God, the world did not know God through wisdom, it pleased God through the folly of what we preach to save those who believe.
(1 Corinthians 1:18-21 ESV)













Oh friend Christ is  coming soon. Hold fast what you have, so that no one may seize your crown. 
(Revelation 3:11 ESV)

If God SAYS we are to keep the marriage bed undefiled- the TRUTH of GOD which is foolish to man, is that when you keep your relationship centered on the Lord, and your marriage striving for a reflection of God's love for the church, it will NOT fail, and sex will NOT jut be a physical experience, but also a spiritual one.

I have struggled with these lies, I'm sure Tim, Sean and you have had similar thoughts go through your head. 

If I don't have sex with him, is he going to stay with me? Am I the only Virgin in the whole entire world? 
Is there a guy alive who is saving themselves for marriage? Is it even worth it, because he is probably sleeping around with some girl right now? 

Well Sean and Tim are not perfect, but they are proof that there are good Christian men who love Jesus, are celibate and girls all over are swooning over them.  I pray that God keeps them strong, and that they marry wonderful godly women. 

I confess my snuggling with sin. I'm a broken person and  have crossed lines I do not believe God would have had me cross.  For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate.
(Romans 7:15 ESV)

Have you snuggled with sexual sin or struggled with it?

That's what the good news of the gospel is for. Don't become a born again VIRGIN become a born again CHRISTIAN.

It may be impossible to remain celibate on your own accord, but with God, nothing is impossible.


We're starting off our Single on a Sunday link-up this week. 

If you are single and have a blog, please feel free to link up. 

Rules for Link Up:
1. You must be a single woman.
2. Please list the NAME of your post. 
3. Please visit the 2 people who posted before you and offer them some encouragement.
4. Attach my button or link back to this page at the end of your post.


Grab button for reEducation of the Feminine Soul



That's it! 

Looking forward to reading about your lives! 
Grab button for reEducation of the Feminine Soul