Translate

Monday, February 11, 2013

Better Recognize....




"all that a man has he will give for his life."  Job 2:4

There is a book called "Singing through the Night." True stories of women who live in countries of persecution. 

I loved reading the hearts of these women. One particular woman said something that will stick with me forever. She said that there was persecution in her land, and she saw it everyday. But she wouldn't trade her lot to be an American, because Satan has hidden himself so well in our society that we don't even recognize him.

In America, we don't even realize when we are being inundated with lies. We take persecution in stride.

And we wonder whether or not God really loves us, if he truly wants good for us. We pull ourselves up by our bootstraps and find  our pride in our own accomplishments, our material possessions, our reputation.

What do you have left when it's all gone? You're life? Are you willing to give even that up for the sake of his Kingdom? Are you ready to be a martyr?

I have been studying Esther for the past month and a half, and realized that Esther was in much the same place I am. Unworthy, pampered. Not willing to risk her life to follow the laws of God. But then, God changed her heart. Though frightened, she was willing to boldly go before the King in the face of her own immediate death.

"Shall we receive good from God, and shall we not receive evil?"  Job 2:10

I confess my cursing and my anger toward God when things are miserable down here, when I don't understand. I am not like Job. Submissive to the will of the Lord, fully aware that what is best for me is what ultimately brings glory to God.

Do you submit to God your very life for what's best for you? Do you have the faith of a martyr for the Lord?

What I Thought I Wanted

By Sara Groves

Back to Album
Back to Lyrics Menu
Tuxedo in the closet, gold band in a box
Two days from the altar she went and called the whole thing off
What he thought he wanted, what he got instead
Leaves him broken and grateful
I passed understanding a long, long time ago
And the simple home of systems and answers we all know
What I thought I wanted, what I got instead
Leaves me broken and somehow peaceful
I keep wanting you to be fair
But that’s not what you said
I want certain answers to these prayers
But that’s not what you said
When I get to heaven I’m gonna go find Job
I want to ask a few hard questions, I want to know what he knows
About what it is he wanted and what he got instead
How to be broken and faithful
What I thought I wanted
What I thought I wanted
What I thought I wanted
What I thought I wanted
Staring in the water like Esops foolish dog
I can’t help but reflect on what it was I almost lost
What it was I wanted, what I got instead
Leaves me broken and grateful
I’m broken and grateful
I want to be broken and grateful
I want to be broken, peaceful, faithful, grateful, grateful
I want to be broken, peaceful, faithful, grateful, grateful


Other Great Reads:
Jesus Freaks I and II
Voice of the Martyrs
The Poison of Ingratitude
Hello Mornings Suffering Well is Submission


Linking up with


Grab button for reEducation of the Feminine Soul