Translate

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Jigsaw Puzzle

  
by Samuel Kaylor

When I look back at my life, no longer able to get out of bed, no longer able to write or talk, I hope to have a record of the giant jigsaw puzzle that I call my life. As I reflect on it, I hope that in the end, every piece of the puzzle fit perfectly together-except for the edges, that just so happen to connect to other puzzles belonging to other people that God granted me the privilege of touching.


I took  an acting class I took when I was in LA. The last day I attended class the instructor gave us a homework assignment. He asked us a series of questions; “What are you passionate about? What matters most? What drives you? Is there something you love or hate about yourself that drives and motivates you? What do you love about life the most? What do you enjoy doing the most? What do you hate about life or people the most? What drives you crazy? What do you want to do about it? What do people always say you’re good at? What comes easy for you? What do you want to leave behind? What Legacy?” At the end of class he said “Live a Full Life so that others can work through their lives through you.” I drove home tumbling these questions around in my mind. They were like the “HeartX-Ray Questions” that my church in Kansas City had encouraged us to answer. Mark, my acting instructor constantly drove home the point that God made us into a perfect package made to do His work. We just needed to figure out what that package was. 

What do the pieces to your puzzle look like, even if you can’t see the whole picture?

And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.
(Romans 8:28 ESV)



Grab button for reEducation of the Feminine Soul