Translate

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Leaving the Last Chapter Behind




For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

(Jeremiah 29:11 ESV)

With each new prayer journal I start, another chapter of my life begins. I have been in a transition/learning period for such a long time, I'm almost numb to the fact that my life is about to change completely.


I am face to face with dreams I have been dreaming in ways I have never imagined in my life.

I am about to become a house mother for 6 teen aged girls. I have been praying to be a foster mother for years, but was concerned about the impossibility of it because I am not married and cannot afford more than a one bedroom apartment.

God has eliminated all of those road blocks, and has made the seemingly impossible possible.

I started connecting with the women at the church I am attending and was blessed to meet some wonderful women who are interested in many of the same things I am interested in. I can't wait to get to know them better and get more involved in the church and it's ministries.

I applied to Seminary and am waiting to hear back to see if I will be interviewed for the program. (Please pray for God's will for me in this)

I started this blog and in a month have had almost 1500 views and many of you lovely ladies posting. I pray every day that God speaks through me and my struggles to you, and it encourages you, and gives you hope, and comfort.

In order for me to give God the quantity in all of this. I have realized that I need to carve out something I have made the center of my life since I was a child.  My own quality.


If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell. And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body go into hell.
(Matthew 5:29-30 ESV)


I have always been involved in the theatre. I have held my work to incredibly high standards and have always pushed my abilities and my resources to the limit. I really don't know anything else.

I don't know why God took me through this journey, but I do know that through it I have learned many skills that will be applied in the life that God has planned for me.

But I need to say "not right now" to working in the theatre. It takes SO much time and the work, and the demands are endless. The money you make compared to the amount of work you put in is never proportionate and I usually come out of work grumpy and unhappy. Not worth it right now.


As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace:
(1 Peter 4:10 ESV)


 I hope to use my skills in the theatre to help with ministries, counseling, and therapy. I don't think that God would have me so emerged in the theatre and entertainment industry for the majority of my life, that it is not going to come into play in the future.

It's just time to use that knowledge for His glory, and not mans.

Sarah- Let Go and Let God.


Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths.
(Proverbs 3:5-6 ESV)


As I close the book and start a new journal, I don't close the door on the life behind me. God has written each chapter of my life expertly leading to the next.

Grab button for reEducation of the Feminine Soul