Translate

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The Physics of Walking on Water: God Sized Dreams




Part of my "journey" in Los Angeles included a bi-weekly trip to a Career Coach. I kept telling her I hadn't "figured out" what my life was supposed to look like.
Laurie said, "We need to change your language, it's not about "figuring things out" it's about being open."
My mom had a similar bit of wisdom to share. " I learned that I needed to stop asking God for what I wanted to happen, and start asking Him for what He wanted for me."
In college I had a roommate named Quin, we called her Quindolyn. While I didn't always agree with her she would frequently ask, "Why does everyone have to DO something. Sometimes there is nothing to DO, you just have to BE."

Joseph Campbell said, “You must give up the life you planned in order to have the life that is waiting for you.”

I frequently feel like a TOTAL failure because I am not living the life I would have imagined for myself,

but the life I would have imagined for myself required me to fit God into it, as opposed to God being the center of it. 

Laura at The Wellspring spoke of how I feel frequently, God's provision and last minute "yes"'s. 

Sometimes I think those last minutes are to remind us that He is in charge, and not us; to teach us to relax in His will and not our will. 

But when he opens the doors, after all that resting, the constant reminders that we don't need to worry, for God provides for the birds and loves us more than they, we need to take that same peace, that same relaxation, and that same courage to walk through the door. 

I'm about to start my new job as a House Mother (yay! I got the job!) I keep getting asked if I'm excited. I'm not excited. I'm at peace. 

I just scheduled my interview to attend Seminary in the fall. (Yay! I'm on to the next step.)

I am hoping to attend "lay counselor" sessions in a couple weeks, and a singles bible study at the church I'm trying to plug into in march. 

I'm about to hit 2,000 views on this blog in less than two months. (I truly hope and pray that it is bringing glory to the Lord and encouragement to you.)

I've been asked if I was "excited" about starting my new job. I'm not. I'm at peace about it. It is the answer to multiple prayers. I'm trying to go where God leads me.

When Peter stepped out of the boat, he didn't spend too much time thinking of the process. He asked permission, received confirmation and took that first step with his eyes on the Lord. 

It was only when he started worrying too much about the waves and the storm around him, the process of putting his foot down on the inexplicable, trying to "figure it out", focusing on the process, taking his eyes off the Lord. 

Take the first step. ...seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
“Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.
(Matthew 6:32-34 ESV)

Sometimes we plan and plan and plan. We look for all the possible things that could go wrong, and we try to circumvent them. 

Commit your work to the LORD,
and your plans will be established.
(Proverbs 16:3 ESV)

(When your) ways please the LORD,
he makes even (your) enemies to be at peace with (you).
(Proverbs 16:7 ESV)

The heart of man plans his way,
but the LORD establishes (your) steps.
(Proverbs 16:9 ESV)

Linking up with Holley Gerth
Grab button for reEducation of the Feminine Soul