Translate

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Imagine



Begin:
Imagine. Oh the great things to imagine...I feel like Dr. Seuss. I'm a very goal driven person. I usually accomplish the goals I set out to accomplish, and then I get bored and and have to create new goals...and....

But the Lord placed His purpose on my heart. If only I could imagine the things He has imagined FOR me. If I KNEW what goal he has in place for me next. If I looked to Him in all things instead of trying to force His hand and do things my way, on my timeline.

But God has plans bigger than anything I could possibly imagine. His purpose is greater than the length of my life. The greatest thing I can imagine, he is forming something even more magnificent and better for me.

To be honest, I don't trust it. I don't allow myself to love God enough to be vulnerable to Him. To allow Him to hurt me, to disappoint me, not that he ever would.

Can I imagine being loved like that? Imagine being loved that perfectly? Imagine putting every part of my being into someones hands that I have no reason to doubt.

Oh! I am more like Eve and Sarah than I want to admit. Can I allow myself to imagine great things and then put them in Gods hands?

Stop.

Five Minute Friday
Grab button for reEducation of the Feminine Soul